Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Muffed my muffin mission

I zipped down the basement stairs to get a package of English muffins out of the freezer. In a bit of a hurry as I had an afternoon engagement, I stopped by the guest bedroom to check out my hair in the mirror there. Would it need washing? Could it be saved with a bit of fluffing and a barrette?

Looking good, I decided, smiling at myself in the dim light. Looking really good. I ran back upstairs, puffed with a false pride of appearance uncommon to middle-aged women in sweats and slippers.

Back in the kitchen, my husband looked up expectantly for the muffins...the muffins still safe in the freezer.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Hahaha - you always make me laugh! You could have said "what muffins?" and really freaked him out!

Remember the days when we washed our hair every day? Or twice a day if we were going out? Not any more. LOL!

jeanmac said...

Been there:)

kenju said...

Are we twins?