Saturday, September 16, 2017

Padded support for the newel post

The landscaper team trooped through my front door, heading for the kitchen to discuss final plans for my ailing front yard.  Straight ahead of the gang, oh lord, there was my bra hanging with perfect visibility from on the newel post of the stairway railing, beige material on black wrought iron.  Obviously, no one mentioned it, but believe me, it was plain as day.

Why was it there?  Three weeks prior, in anticipation of company coming, I moved it from the downstairs bathroom to base of stairway in preparation for a final journey upstairs to a drawer.  A new use for newel posts, a lingering storage spot for lingerie!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

OMG you make me laugh!

I can only imagine your red face, as you nonchalantly slide over to the stairway, rip the offending bra off the post and shoot it sideways into the nearest room, which just happens to be the bathroom - where it all started!

Problem solved, you continue on to confer with the team over the plans laid down on your kitchen table. Decisions made, the landscapers gather up their plans and head outside to check out your front yard.

You lead them around pointing out important details, location of garden hose, property boundaries, etc. As you look up to make sure they are listening, you notice one of the men is missing......